Re: Battery drain mystery solved... Or is it?

Hi Victor,
It would be easy enough to test by connecting the CD changer power lead in series with a 12-volt lamp. Please see the procedure in Section 10 in the FAQ on www.batteryfaq.org.
Kindest regards,
BiLL.......
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:48:25 GMT, "Victor Bazarov"

Well, I think that's what the dealer did when I asked them to find the battery drain. My own exercise with the fuses gave me minimal drain in the subsystem under the fuse #37 (door locks and window motors, IIRC). But it definitely wasn't enough. The dealer said the CD changer was eating way too much. After disconnecting it, the current was about 40 milliamps. I was just asking to see if somebody else ever encountered a similar problem with their changer.
Thanks for the link, though. I'm definitely bookmarking it.