Re: Bentley Repair Manual - Unfair Policy

Two weeks ago I contacted Bentley software support asking if I could sell my A6 manual as I no longer had the vehicle. An email from Frank Fusaro stated that I could if I contacted eBahn and
obtained a transfer code. After selling the manual, I contacted eBhan software support and was informed that the new owner would have to upgrade from ver. 2 to ver 3 of the reader at a cost of $45 or they wouldn't send an unlock key. I asked why this was necessary and they replied that they needed to make a profit on the sale. I now have to refund the buyers payment & It will cost me the charge fee and the final value fee as well as the time & effort. If I bought a book from Amazon & later sold it, the buyer would not have to pay to have it upgraded. I am never going to purchase anything from Bentley again and would advise anybody preparing to purchase a manual from them to consider another publisher. Former Bentley customer,
yeah tell me about it. if you had upgraded to ver 3 it would be cheaper for the new owner to PAY to have it put in his name. OR email me Bob! later, dave (One out of many daves)