re: best car for me

I doubt anyone remembers this thread from almost a year ago. But for anyone who does, I appreciated the responses and I finally bought a car. I got the subaru wrx (i'm not trying troll, i still think the a4 is one of the most beautiful cars on the road). It came down to 350z and wrx, and I got an offer I couldn't refuse on the wrx for $1k under invoice. Anyway, I just think it's kind of funny, because in the final hours of trying to make a decision, I actually remembered and tracked down this thread on google to try to recapture whatever my original sense was of all these cars. And I was surprised by how much my taste and knowledge of car stuff has changed since then.

Reply to
swen

Way to go Swen, you got the WRX STI though right?

:-)

My wife traded her high mileage, used and abused '97 2.5 GT for a new Legacy LS, tried to talk her into the WRX or at the very least, another GT but she wouldn't have it. The GT was my plaything when I wasn't driving my primary ride (a Dodge 2500) so I had to go get myself a new rocket.

FWIW, I just got my new A6 2.7T Silver/Ebony, loaded - Premium, Luxery, Sport, cold weather, 5-spoke AS, Bose (ick.) I am now a member of the Audi crowd. Sure, it's a full second slower than the WRX in 0-60, but it is,after all, an Audi.

The Suby dealer told me that in 2005 or 2006, they're coming out with a 3.0 I-6 twin turbo Legacy. I can't recall what he said on the HP but it was something along the lines of 300 or 340+

Russ

Reply to
RT