Re: Does 2005 A4 2.0T use regular gas?

Stuart E. Weiner wrote:

Of course :)
But is there any such thing as Regular?
It varies so much from country to country, in USA they run on mostly 91 octane and in Europe we use nothing less than 95.
The higher octane fuels tend to give you better fuel consumption and better perfomance, so just put the best fuel you can in :)
I try and use 97-98 in a 1.8T and the car prefers it.
"Ronny" wrote

Yeah, regular in the US means 87 octane. Most cars use that. I believe at least 91 US octane is recommended for the 2.0T, but like you mentioned, you can use lower grade but performance and fuel economy will be affected, so it may not be worth doing after all.
Cheers,
Pete

I think the octane is measured differently in the US though, hence the lower rating. Something like that anyway!
Matt
contains these words:

You're right - almost. It's measured the same way but presented differently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."