Re: Electrical Gremlins- 87 5KCSQ

Antony, Prolly the headlight switch, although the condition worsened in my car after I removed a relay labelled "daylight illumination" from the underdash panel.
I'll be replacing that with one from the local wreckers as soon as I find one. Numerous postings on Audifans note that the remedy could be replacing the headlight switch assembly. Check your license plate bulbs - really! - if one is burned out the instrument lights go out too (BTDT) For a temp. fix, when you turn on your headlights, hold the switch in between "off" and "parking lights only" for a second or two - you'll find the dash lights stay on then (go figure!) Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)