Re: How many miles is an A4 good for?

if it is of any help......
i am currently running a 97-R-reg A4 1.8 (base) with 148,000 miles. No engine problems
only niggles were the front lower wishbones, which is due to be replaced for
the 2nd time!! anyone has any fix for this?
i'd get the SE for better refinements on a 1.8 or even better the TDi.
hope this helps

The front (and rear) suspension joints should have been replaced under the original warranty. However if it's the usual "creaking and groaning" problem, I've previously read reports of people "injecting" grease into the rubbers. fwiw

Audis are pretty reliable. I always buy cars with at least 100,000 km, but not older than 2-4 years. I think that age is more important than km, provided the maintenance is done properly.
-- Best regards. G. Tarantino Bevaix (NE) Switzerland 1997 BMW 535i 197,000 km (122,000 miles) 1997 Audi A4 2.8 Q 206,000 km (128,000 miles)