Re: Imports and saving money? - I need as much research as possible

(Rampant cross-posting snipped)

I have recently set-up a website with my uncle who imports cars across > the UK. > > I have next to no knowledge of the car trade and am trying to get as > much information as possible to allow me to improve my service.

Hmm. Wasn't that 20 years of experience, just yesterday?

Take a look at uk.rec.cars.imports for the past few years (no idea how popular this group still is) for tips. Also, like everyone else on the web, take a look at rival sites.

You'll also want to compare prices and specifications - I'm guessing that you're transporting or driving the cars across the border from down south?

Well, Irish cars generally have a very different specification to UK standard. Personally, I'd be unlikely to buy a car with an inferior specification (harder to resell) or anything pre-registered with an NI plate (not sure of the procedure, but wouldn't I have to pay to get it reregistered with a standard UK plate? Or has that all changed with the new system?)

HTH

Hairy One Kenobi

Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the highly-opinionated person expressing the opinion in the first place. So there!

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi