Re: Looking at poss buying new 04 A4

I was somewhat hesitant to buy my A4 as well (I have a 2003 3.0). I've always owned Nissans and Hondas and trusted them to be problem-free... but heard less-than-glowing opinions about audis and VWs. However, as I knock
on this wood table, I can say that the past year I've had my car (about 11,500 miles) have been trouble-free with no problems. As far as the speed difference, I can't say since I've never driven the 1.8T--- but you should ALWAYS buy the biggest engine in anything you get-- that's my philosophy!

the

speed
I would buy the 3.0 if I could, but that's quite a bit more money. I could afford a used a4 3.0 with about 18k miles on it but I really want something with no miles as to make the warrantly last me as long as possible.
<< I could afford a used a4 3.0 with about 18k miles on it but I really want something with no miles as to make the warrantly last me as long as possible. >>
If the car has an Audi Assured warrenty on it, that warrenty extends the base warrenty by two years and another fifty thousand miles (6yr/100k mi). That's from the original purchase date, of course, but that still might be longer than a standard warrenty would be for a new car.
Something to consider.
Peter Smith
<< A4 3.0 0-60 mph in seconds multitronic: 6.9 Manual: 6.9 Tiptronic: 7.7 >>
Can't remember which mag it was, but one of the big publications has a 3.0 in their long-term garage. Once it'd gone through the initial "break-in" period, it was posting 0-60 times of 6.5 seconds. Even so, it's a sad state of affirs that anyone with performance in mind is probably better off looking at the 330I (which is overpriced, despite it's performance) and the new G35. I love Audi, but I can no longer honestly say they'd be my hands-down first choice. It's really depressing, but the fact remains, a Maxima 3.5 in fancy clothes is outperforming the A4.
On 27 Aug 2003 00:12:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Steve Grauman) wrote:

It is depressing. Here is something interesting...
A4 3.0 Curb weight (lbs.): multitronic, FrontTrak: 3462 Manual, quattro: 3583 Tiptronic, quattro: 3627
G35 Curb weight Base model 3,336 lbs Leather model 3,369 lbs Leather 6MT model 3,398 lbs
In addition to having 40 extra horsies, the G35 is lighter - substantially lighter if quattro is added. That is one of the reasons I had a Front Trak A4. <Sigh>
Elroy 2000 S4