Re: Opinions re: Allroad?

I really can't comment on the Allroad or the V70. I love my A6 2.7T and recommend it highly so that is about as close as I can come to recommending
the Allroad. I really don't like the Volvo brand or styling and feel they not as good a value as Audis so that makes me prefer the A6 Avant or Allroad.
I did test drive the Passat W8 a few weeks ago. Personally, I really did not like the engine. The torque curve is about as bad as a mid-eighties turbocharged four cylinder engine. No torque at all down low. This made it very weak off the line and forced downshifts for passing at highway speeds. The Passat wagon is also smaller in interior volume than the current A4 Avant. I believe the Passat W8 Wagon is less expensive than the A6 Avant and Allroad so that would be the selling point that would make me consider the Passat W8 which is very well appointed for its price.
Enjoy!

check WWW.audiworld.com plenty of info in the allroad discussion group. i have a 2002 tip. it's a great vehicle. fast, sporty, comfortable (I'm 6'6") dealers will dicount. don't buy any Audi and keep it past the warranty.
Aaron Daniel wrote:

Interesting note on the W8, from what I've read in the car rags, you're not the first person to feel that way about the W8 or it's tranny.
On another note, I'm curious on the differences (if any) between Quattro and 4Motion. Just a name?
Vic 2000 Mustang GT suspension upgrades 1997 A4 2.8q http://home.earthlink.net/~jthet

yes, they're the same, but to make it even more confusing, quattro <> quattro and 4Motion <> 4Motion :)
A3-TT-Golf 4Motion/Quattro = Haldex diff A4-A6-A8-Passat 4Motion/Quattro = Torsen diff (= classic audi 4wd as seen in Audi 80/90/100 quattro)
if you search the internet, you'll find a lot has been written about this already...
greetz, Dave