Re: phone installation

Hi Mike

I bought one of these six months ago for my own lease car and they ar really easy to install; you will need two stereo removal keys which yo can purchase from the same site as well to be able to pull out th stereo, behind which you'll see a screw that you can fix the bracket t if you wish (I say this because the srew is actually quite high up, and depending on your phone cradle, it might prevent the cup holder openin above. I had this problem, so put the bracket in a lower postio without the phone cradle falling off!).

The cables will probably still need to be routed up the side of th glovebox, but there is a small gap between the edge of this and th centre console so you should, with a little bit of effort, be able t push the cables in there without too much hassle.

Gerry

Mike Buckley Wrote:

anyone got any experience of these ? >
> I've just had a phone installed in a new A4 and the installer used > naff > plastic bracket clipped beside the aircon, running the cable up int > the > dash by the glove box! Looks totally naff and the screen is angled suc > that > youcant see it properly! > > He was unwilling to mount the kit on the centre consol using > screw-on > mount. (Lease car) > > Me thinks I'll just pull the glove box, reroute the cable and use > screw-on > mount and be done with it, but the fancy pod thing looks rather neat - > thoughts? > > Thanks - Mik

-- GerryMonty

Reply to
GerryMonty