Re: Radio removal A4

I have an Audia A4 2003 model. Car stood for a week while I was away. Battery went dead. Friend removed and had it recharged before I returned. Radio is now dead. Have checked the fuse and replaced it. Any other fuse box to check or on the radio itself if I remove it?

Reply to
SamT

Funny story. I had turned the radio off in a 2003 Jetta while I was scanning for DTCs. Owner called me back asking me what happened to the radio.....it did not work anymore. I asked him if he turned it on. lol he hadn't.

I will assume that you had turned it on and it still does not function/turn on.

I think you need those special tools to pull the radio out. I have used steak knives to remove some radios in the '97 Passats, but the correct tool works much faster and easier. ;-)

Usually the older radios have a fuse in the back of the radio. look on ebay at item # 310151494855 you will see a fuse in the back of this radio.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1