Re: Re: 1998 Audi A8 4.2 - Heated seat doesnít_

"JimV1" wrote: > bigschweeler wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what > happened with
> > my A8. I just bought it two/three weeks ago, and on Friday > was > > driving home and had the heated seat turned on. About half > way there, > > I turned it off, but it didnít cool, and stayed on the > entire way > > home. I started to wonder if there was a problem, but had > some issues > > at home to deal with and didnít give it too much thought. > > > > The next day I went to start the car and it is completely > dead. The > > keyless entry wonít even work. My guess is the battery is > completely > > dead. > > > > So if I jump start it today, will the heated seat likely go > on right > > away? > > > > Do I need a new battery at this point? > > > > Does the heated seat draw off the battery even if the car is > off? > > > > I suspect you have a stuck relay. Your battery will probably > come back, > but with a shorter lifespan. Find the relays for the seats and > pull > them. AS you're likely learn, nice cars, but not wonderfully > reliable.
Thanks for your reply. However, Iím not sure what you mean by "relay."
What are they and where do I find the ones for the seats?
‚úĖ
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:47:03 -0000, bigschweeler

They are located with the fuses. They look like small boxes with multiplugs, Your owners manual (or perhaps something on the fuse box cover) will tell you which fuse/relay does what.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ