Re: shift more smooth??

Drive more months.

Best,

Ken

hi: > I been driving MT for a month now. Some times i still can not make > shift smoth enough. Any tips to share? > > Thanks > > husky > > 00' A4 1.8T Q >
Reply to
Ken Stoorza

"ming" skrev i melding news:IYw7b.45864$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...

"Øvelse gjør mester" = "Practice makes champion". Drive on..................

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Unless driving for performance, I tend to upshift at about 2x idle speed. I often double de-clutch on the down shifts, although not to slow the car - another method is "heel & toe" to match the engine speed to the relevant gear.

-- Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage

"Doug Ramage" skrev i melding news:bjssnr$m296p$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-34015.news.uni-berlin.de...

BTW, you have not ever considered changing your name to Roug(h) Damage?? Roug(h) Damage sounds really good to me, wrestler-like. Just kidding..................

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Rug (as in floor covering) Damage has also been suggested. :)

-- Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage

Raspy tongue, huh?

Reply to
Ben M

Buy and auto! Or just keep driving. It's just like learning how to ride a bike.

Reply to
Woodchuck

If your discussing an A4 with manual, then this has been discussed many times here. I have a '00 1.8t 5spd and it's a bitch to consistently get smooth shifts. The best that I can suggest is to let the rpm's drop down pretty low before engaging the next gear. I read this in one of the auto mags that was reviewing another brand of car. That the only way they could get smooth shifts was to let the rpm's drop before letting out the clutch. This does help. You just cannot be driving in a sporty manner though.

Reply to
quattroA4cars