Re: shift more smooth??

Drive more months.
Best,
Ken

"velse gjr mester" = "Practice makes champion". Drive on..................

Unless driving for performance, I tend to upshift at about 2x idle speed. I often double de-clutch on the down shifts, although not to slow the car - another method is "heel & toe" to match the engine speed to the relevant gear. -- Doug Ramage

BTW, you have not ever considered changing your name to Roug(h) Damage?? Roug(h) Damage sounds really good to me, wrestler-like. Just kidding..................

Rug (as in floor covering) Damage has also been suggested. :) -- Doug Ramage
Raspy tongue, huh?

If your discussing an A4 with manual, then this has been discussed many times here. I have a '00 1.8t 5spd and it's a bitch to consistently get smooth shifts. The best that I can suggest is to let the rpm's drop down pretty low before engaging the next gear. I read this in one of the auto mags that was reviewing another brand of car. That the only way they could get smooth shifts was to let the rpm's drop before letting out the clutch. This does help. You just cannot be driving in a sporty manner though.

Buy and auto! Or just keep driving. It's just like learning how to ride a bike.