Re: Some lorry driver!

Hi J.P.

Sorry to hear about the Lorry incident, I suspect that this goes on all over the country. I actually witnessed a similar thing while waiting for the missus I was reclined a little in my seat when this delivery truck reversed around a blind corner nearly taking the front end off my Cab' he must have realised he could not get out forwards without hitting something but seemed to deliberately move a Ford Mondeo some four feet with his front bumper and casually drive off leaving the Mondeo badly damaged and side ways touching the next car in line. Luckily I took his number and left a contact for the poor Mondeo driver(not intended to be a poke at the Marque you understand). Subsequently the Police prosecuted on my witness statement and the driver received a ban ( result )!

The rub was that this Lorry had one of those ridiculous stickers How's my driving or something like that, with a free phone number attached.

Hey! I see you seem to have got a hold of the Phat Box System. I have a Bose based Concert System in the Cab' Any advice as to how to get it and fitting would be appreciated.

Regards.

Hear what happened to me today. > > My girlfriend was driving her car and I was following her, when she decided > that we would park in a particular street. I alerted her to the fact that > there was a factory along one side and that there were some lorry gates so > she'd better park somewhere else. I parked mine one street south from that. > > On getting back and approaching my car my spine chilled when I could see my > rear bumper was hanging out loose and as I got nearer I could see some > damage to the rear left door - the bodywork had got cut against the > protection bars on the door, rear left fender and tyre torn, rim scratched - > although only at its edge - and bumper holder torn out. > > No-one was around and there was no notice left on my windscreen

whatsoever,

so I really hit the roof as you can imagine. Well, after the initial fit of > anger had subsided I decided to proceed with my investigations. It was after > some half an hour of driving around in my girlfriend's car that I have been > able to spot a lorry with some red paint attached to its trailer's left > wing. The truck was parked and there were curtains drawn all over the cabin, > so - even if I really dislike disturbing people's sleep I had no hesitation > in furiously knocking at its window. The little bastard had the nerve to be > sleeping after what he'd done. No need to mention I called the police and > then he really owned up to what he'd done although he said he didn't seem to > have realised at the time. How can't a professional truck driver possibly > realise he's drawing a car sideways for two meters. My car had been on the > street and was left with all four wheels on the pavement. Would you really > believe his story? > > I just wanted to ask you guys if you've ever been in some sort of similar > situation or whether people have got better social conscience. > > It's when I'm driving this Ford Ka - although a brand new one - that I most > miss my Audi. And I was expecting to get a PhatBox to fit into it tomorrow! > > Now I'm worried the damned adjuster will not allow for parts to be > replaced - such as new door, new rim, new bumper. What do you think and what > would you do? > > See the pics and judge for yourselves. > > JP Roberts > > > >
Reply to
Braytak

I have recently fitted a PhatBox in my RS6.

Purchased from Clairs auto parts

- $809.95including shipping by UPS, plus £127 Vat/duty/handling charge ondelivery.

Connecting it up is trivial, if your car is equiped for CD changer - it just plugs in. Finding a suitable location may be more tricky - the PhatBox is approximately the same size as the factory changer, but requires additional clearance for the connector protruding from the rear and storage cartridge protruding from the front. I managed to fit it in the place vacated by the CD changer, but only after taking a hacksaw to the mounting shelf.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Dear Peter and all,

Guess what: My Phatbox arrived today, when my car's at the bodywork's! So much for timing. I really can't wait to get this thing going.

Regards,

Joe

Peter Bell escribió en el mensaje de noticias snipped-for-privacy@iyonix.earley.fourcom.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

So much for the sticker!

I'm afraid Peter Bell can tell you much more about the Phat than me - see my last thread.

I'll tell you more about it asap.

Regards,

Joe

Braytak escribió en el mensaje de noticias be0rkj$9cq$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...