Re: Some lorry driver!

Hi J.P.
Sorry to hear about the Lorry incident, I suspect that this goes on all over the country. I actually witnessed a similar thing while waiting for the
missus I was reclined a little in my seat when this delivery truck reversed around a blind corner nearly taking the front end off my Cab' he must have realised he could not get out forwards without hitting something but seemed to deliberately move a Ford Mondeo some four feet with his front bumper and casually drive off leaving the Mondeo badly damaged and side ways touching the next car in line. Luckily I took his number and left a contact for the poor Mondeo driver(not intended to be a poke at the Marque you understand). Subsequently the Police prosecuted on my witness statement and the driver received a ban ( result )!
The rub was that this Lorry had one of those ridiculous stickers How's my driving or something like that, with a free phone number attached.
Hey! I see you seem to have got a hold of the Phat Box System. I have a Bose based Concert System in the Cab' Any advice as to how to get it and fitting would be appreciated.
Regards.
Gez......

I have recently fitted a PhatBox in my RS6.
Purchased from Clairs auto parts (http://www.clairparts.com /) - $809.95 including shipping by UPS, plus 127 Vat/duty/handling charge on delivery.
Connecting it up is trivial, if your car is equiped for CD changer - it just plugs in. Finding a suitable location may be more tricky - the PhatBox is approximately the same size as the factory changer, but requires additional clearance for the connector protruding from the rear and storage cartridge protruding from the front. I managed to fit it in the place vacated by the CD changer, but only after taking a hacksaw to the mounting shelf.
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk

Dear Peter and all,
Guess what: My Phatbox arrived today, when my car's at the bodywork's! So much for timing. I really can't wait to get this thing going.
Regards,
Joe
snipped-for-privacy@iyonix.earley.fourcom.com...

So much for the sticker!
I'm afraid Peter Bell can tell you much more about the Phat than me - see my last thread.
I'll tell you more about it asap.
Regards,
Joe
be0rkj$9cq$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...