Re: Standard Lighter vs. Accessory Socket

Rick,
New and replacement cigarrette lighter units are available at any auto parts or discount store. I just got one for my '01 A6 for $5.49 at Meijer
Jon
I've found that the recent Audi lighter socket is the smaller "accessory" socket rather than the standard (larger) lighter socket. Since most of my accessories require the larger socket (e.g. cell phone charger), I wondering if anyone knows of an adapter/converter to change the socket size. They both appear to be 12 volts, so it should be simple mechanical adapter.
TIA Rick
Jon, It's not that I need a new lighter (I don't use the one I've got!), rather I want to plug my cell phone adapter and/or cooler into this socket. Unfortunately they both use the larger "American" lighter plug, and I need some adapter/converter to be able to use these in the smaller Audi "accessory" socket.
Rick