Re: Tire pressure to help dial out understeer

> expect to see one of those morons (known as 'insurance adjusters'

> > here) checking is tire pressures. You rashly assume much more > > expertise in traffic crash investigation than there really is. While > > I suppose the tire pressure data from the Lady Di case or Ayrton > > Senna's last ride might be available, I'd seriously doubt there are > > even a dozen such cases in the US. > > -- > > C.R. Krieger > > (0.75 G every day - every way) > > But it might form part of a police accident report in serious cases?

Only in the most *unusual* circumstances. I've corresponded here in Usenet with one of the better police experts and I was stunned to find that he used a *standard* weighted 'drag block' to determine coefficient of friction on various surfaces. It had a rubber compound good for about 0.75G. His speed calculations would therefore be wildly incorrect for something carrying the kind of 'gumballs' I've run in the past.

You could *probably* find out just about anything you wanted to about the circumstances of a given crash - if you could afford it.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; didn't crash)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger