Rear bumper A6 Avant (2001)

Anyone details of how to remove rear bumper on my A6 Avant,I need to fit a towbar....mny thx

I fitted a towbar last year to my 1999 A6 Avant.I expect the mounting is the same for 2001 model. From the instructions that came with the towbar ( and I seem to remember they were correct...)....
5 nuts around each rear light cluster 2 'tip' screws under each mud flap (ie at rear of wheel arch) 1 screw on the bottom edge.
I DO remember removing the chrome strip at the rear of the load platform but sorry can't remember if this was essential or whether I did it before I read the instructions. (perhaps that was for the wiring ?) A box spanner would have been useful to get to the nuts around the lights. It didn't seem too difficult a job. good luck Ian
many thx Ian...will give it a go.. steve