Rear Emergency Brake Problems

I have a 1986 Audi 4000cs Quattro and lately the rear emergency driver side brake keeps locking up. Its getting so hot I can feel it radiation off the rim. Its just that one brake too, I'm not sure even
where to start on where to look for answers on what it could be. We have been told that a few Audis have the same problem with the emergency brake locking up but I'm not ready for it to worp itself cause its so hot when Im driving around. Anyone have any advice or knows if its just a part I can replace or something.
triple_r snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I would guess that the calipers are the same as the T44 series that I have experience with. If so, you will findthe E brake cable runs to a rotating clamp looking part. This rotates a small amount and often seizes. Most people replace it but it can be loosened up be using a big wrench and some penetrating lube. Once loose apply more water resistant grease.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:00:12 -0700, triple_r snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

As Tony says, you can try to free up the stuck part, but the fix is no very lasting.
The proper fix is to replace the caliper. Do both sides while you're at it.
--
RoRo