Rear "safty window"

Is there any modification that can be made so that the rear windows will go all the way down. Something simple I'm not looking to invest too much time
into this project, I thought I would ask before pulling off the panel to check it out. Thanks!
Tim in Portland

So you think that Audi engineers would not have done that if it was possible (let alone simpel)?
Ronald
Hey I'm sure the engineer designed a great system for stopping the window (as mandated by the goverment), I just want to bypass his/her design and hardwork Sorry Mr/s. Audi Engineer, I'm sure soccer moms all over do thank you.
Tim in Portland

Tim in Portland wrote:

I think the reason is that there is not room for the entire window inside the door. Because of the rear wheel arch. If they wanted to make a window that went all the way down they would had to put in a small fixed window in the area above the wheel arch. Like some older cars have. Like this one:
http://www.dyna.co.za/cars/75_Audi_80_sf-2.jpg
--
Jone