rear seats

hi all i have an a6 2.5 tdi 1999 saloon, can anyone tell me if the rear seats fold down as i can't see any mechanism to do this or are they fixed in
place and not able to, also if there not fold down is there anyway of doing this. thanxs to any replies stef
Early A6 saloons had the split rear seats as an option. Yours sounds like it was not bought on the car. Retro fitting requires replacing the seats etc. so not economic unless you find some cheap and do the work yourself. Regards Richard

It's the same with the A4 saloon even now. I can't understand why it's an option.