Rear window on A4 Avante just exploded

Just closed the tailgate on my A4 without any item even in the boot, didn't slam it down or use the rear washer to close it & the whole back window just exploded in a million bits. I mean every part just exploded, showering me & my daughter with glass. I rang the local dealer who told me 'It's nothing to do with us' to which I replied that it is clearly a defect in the glass as it hasn't come into contact with anything.

I'm off down in a short while so sort it out, but whatever happens I aint paying.

Anyone else had this kind of problem with glass?

Cheers

Nige

Reply to
The Incredible Swearing Man©

I have had a couple of problems, this one & my wife's A4 cab, the cab lost a bit of spoiler on the front & had a bit of a knock, they lost the spoiler thing, told me I now had a TT (god knows why!) & then never rang me back to sort it out!

Such is life with dealers, there is no way in hell they could ever be worse than the VW lot next door!

I'm starting my own business soon so my A4 will be going, I'm thinking about a A3, is yours a diesel?

I must say, I'm not keen on the new A3 by any means, one day an S3 will be mine!