Rebuild Audi Blower motor?

Does anyone know if it is possible and how easy it is to get the parts to rebuild my blower fan? I know i can get remanufactured blower motors, so there must be a way to rebuild it. Does anyone have any
experience with this? thanks
It is an 1988 Audi 90
The type 44s ('84 - '91) probably have the same motor and yes, a number of people have rebuilt it.
A shop will charge $40 to $80 to rebuild.
If you are inclined, your friendly local ACE hardware has replacement brushes for a few $ that will fit.
Tony '91 100q 5spd 4th type 44
Kevin wrote:

I had a customer that brought me a rebuilt heater blower motor (no fan installed) for his Audi 80. It might have worked if it had fit. The rebuilders must have put it together wrong. The new one that he had to have shipped quickly fit perfectly though. ;-)