Relay sound

Hello.
I have a '96 P reg A6 2.6. When the weather is really hot (rare in the UK !) I can hear a ticking coming from the dash. When this noise occurs, I can
see the charge dial moving. I know it's connected with the aircon but is it normal ? It doesn't cause any problems and only happens in the really hot weather.
SPG
It definitely sounds like a relay clicking on the drivers side and at each click, I can see the charge indicator move to the left.
SPG

UK
is
hot