remote unlock

A4 but it matters not I think,
I had terrible problems activating my remote unlock a few days back. Ended up pushing car into my industrial building and shutting the door before it
would deactivate. Fob had new batteries fitted.
Local grain drier building is equipped with about 30 mobile phone transmitters that must be causing the problem.
Had the same with a Suzuki a few years back in the same spot. Sold it now.
any precautions for this problem
anyone else have problems when near these antenna
dj
engelbert wrote:

I heard about lots of people having problems with car remotes near the Trafford Centre near Manchester (UK) because of nearby tansmitters (not sure what type). It din't seem to affect any make of car especially.

thanks for reply.
I contacted our local council and they said tough, the transmitter companies pay a huge fee and as I don't go get a security system that is not affected by them...........how short sighted they are.
dj
What were you expecting them to do?
--
http://austinmini.ositech.net
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net wrote:

I'm sure that the regulatory body ought to be concerned but, according to this page, Ofcom aren't going to take the slightest interest - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consumer_guides/tv_and_radio/interference /

There's a street in Cambridge (Massachusetts, USA) where both Audi and BMW remotes are unreliable.
I use the key and hope that I never have a problem while the locks are stuck or inaccessible. I wish more doors had mechanical locks.
--
John Carr ( snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu)