Remote Unlock

A big Hello to all the AUDI owners;

I have a 1996 A6 Quattro sedan and I was wondering if any aftermarket remote door unlock systems are available and how much of a job would it be to install it.

Any information would be appreciated.

John in cold white Minnesota

Reply to
Paul Bunyan

Check

(Number 330-145 from
I have put one of these in an '96 Accordand in an '87 VW GTi. It is a great unit, it is only $40, and the onboard relays can be configured to work with almost any power door locksystem.

The Accord installation was almost trivial, as the car had power door locks already. The VW took a little more effort, as it had central locking with no actuator in the driver's door. (I found an actuator at the junk yard and put it in the driver's door. Vacuum tubing, if needed, can be had from the dealer or from

part number5239K11).

The remote lock unit referenced above comes with a number of fairly generic wiring diagrams. It includes diagrams for bi-pressure systems like in the VW (and probably your Audi), except that those diagrams did not apply to my car. Also, the system can be programmed to give lock / unlock pulses up to 30 seconds for bi-pressure systems. Again, this was not necessary. The regular .8 second pulses work just fine.

Reply to
Randolph