Remove gear shift cover for 2004 A4

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to remove the gear shift cover on a 2004 A4 1.8T Quattro automatic with tiptronic? I believe that a coin got lodged underneath the cover, which is preventing me from shifting into drive.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
steven.turoff

Nevermind - I figured it out. In case anyone needs to do this, here is how it's done:

1) Remove the plastic piece surrounding the metal piece that contains the PRND holes by prying it up with your fingers where it meets the ashtray.

2) Remove the metal piece by pushing in the 4 tabs (2 on right side, 2 on left side). Note that it looks like there are 8 tabs, but it's actually only 4.

3) Remove the circuit board. It unplugs on the drivers side.

Then, I looked down the slot where the rubber flows (much like a rolltop desk) and saw a penny in there, which I removed with a screwdriver.

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
steven.turoff