removing rust spots on a 98A4

What experience/advice/wisdom can the cohort share wrt dealing with emerging rust spots on a 98.5 A4Q with 109k miles? One spot is bubbling right above the handle for the trunk lock, and the others are
areas where paint is missing. My last Audi was a 1985 4000S that had so few rust spots when I got her at 110+k miles, I never dealt with them, but this one I'd like to nurse along if solutions are reasonable. We live in the rust belt, right by Lakes Ontario and Erie.
KLS wrote:

If the spots are large enough to sand feather the edges of the paint and coat with a thin layer of epoxy resin. This seems to protect from future problems better than a rust preventing primer. Sand smooth and then cover with a good sandable primer and finish with your color. Be sure to prepare and epoxy both sides of the metal if that is involved too.
I thought Audi had a fantastic rust guarantee/warranty; something like 10 years. The current "Audi Magazine" says that new Audis have a 12 year warranty against rust. I suspect that it was not 12 years in 1998, but if it was 10 years you might be covered.
Bob

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:54:39 -0400, "eBob.com"

Bob, thanks so much for posting this! I'll stop by my local friendly dealer and see what they say. Really appreciate it.