Replacement brake pads?

Hello,

I need to replace the stock brake pads on my 2003 A4.. (US). I'm looking for after-market pads that work great, and hopefully produce LESS dust than the OEM ones..

Any recommendations for me?

Troy

Reply to
Troy Bruder

"Troy Bruder" wrote

The OEM pads on the B6 don't really produce that much dust, IMO. Now, on the B5 - that's another story.

EBC GreenStuff.

Mintex Red produce even less dust, but their performance isn't all that great, especially in wet. At least that's what many people report on AudiWorld.

I've been very happy with EBC Green. Performance comparable to OEM, but much less brake dust compared to OEM (B5).

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

You're right they don't really... But for some reason, the brake dust on my REAR rims is horrendous.. Personally, I don't think the brakes are tuned... The dealer just told me that the rear pads are almost shot, while the fronts are still original, and have plenty of life!... 50,000 miles on it...

I think the fronts should have worn out first!

Troy

Reply to
Shagster

I like the Mintex red - I haven't seen a problem in the wet but then I live in Phoenix. Certainly a lot less dust than the OEM.

Reply to
Ian S

"Shagster" wrotek

Well, even on the B5, the rears wear out faster. That's mainly because the rear pads are thinner to begin with and the rear rotors are not vented which means they heat up more and eat up pads faster.

But I did hear about rears generating more dust on the B6. Either Audi put even more braking balance to the rear of the car or they've replaced the OEM brake pad material on the fronts but not on the rear in these cars.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

It's the front wheels on our B6 that get the most dust. If your rears are wearing out fast then you either carry a lot of load or the brake balance valve is stuck.

Dave

Reply to
Dave