Repost: Alarm

Please help. It would be nice to know what the problem is and how I could solve it. I have 'googled' it but to no avail. This has been ongoing for a few months now. Someone suggested that I should take the
battery leads off for 30 minutes or so to reset the computer - is that a good idea or not?
Thanks

when I lock/arm the car/alarm and the alarm seems to be working. I have sat in the car for a minute or so and waited for the alarm to arm and have then set off the alarm by moving around (motion sensors). (The car has never given an audio signal to indicate that the alarm is armed. I am assuming that is normal for all A3's.) The indicators do, however, flash (twice) when I unlock/disarm the car/alarm. How can I get it to flash again when I lock the car?

m wrote:

People have reported issues with idle speed and throttle response after changing batteries in recent VAG cars. The cure has been a trip to the dealer to reset/reprogram the parameters in the ECU. For that reason, I would probably be hesitant about the 30 minute battery disconnect.
I assume you have read the fine manual for the car. Other than that, giver your dealer a call. If they are in a good mood, perhaps they will hook up the car to VAGCOM and reprogram the alarm options without charging an arm and a leg.

to this group but hope that you will be kind enough to give me some "one-way" help.

when I lock/arm the car/alarm and the alarm seems to be working. I have sat in the car for a minute or so and waited for the alarm to arm and have then set off the alarm by moving around (motion sensors). (The car has never given an audio signal to indicate that the alarm is armed. I am assuming that is normal for all A3's.) The indicators do, however, flash (twice) when I unlock/disarm the car/alarm. How can I get it to flash again when I lock the car?

Thanks for your advice - much appreciated. There's nothing in the manual that I could find so it'll have to be looked at by a dealer, I guess.