resetting the interval service display on an A6

hi,
i have a 1996 audi a6 and would really like to know how i go about resetting the in1 interval service display
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Chris Moody London, England
Eurocarparts sell a service reset tool, does your service 1 & 2, also the oil, or by the vagcom software & lead,
Steve.

I have a similar question. My 98.5 A4 with 83,000ish Km's light up the odometer with "Service inspection". Does this mean it requires (real) service, or just "we'll charge you $100 to check your tire pressure" kinda thing? Is it based solely on mileage?
Thanks Romy