resetting the service

I have a 03 A4 with 5 speed. I just had my 20,000 servicing. I noticed they didn't reprogram the service interval. The manual says to turn off ignition, and then, while holding down the "wrench" button, turn ignition on....and after you see the word "service" push the reset button and it will recalibrate. Unfortunately, when I do that I just get....depress clutch to start engine. Any ideas?

Reply to
JJ

Hold down your clutch pedal when you're doing it. If that doesn't work, just follow the procedures again (be sure the doors are closed), start the engine, and see if the indicator was reset or not.

Peter Smith

Reply to
Peter Smith

Similar instructions in the shop manual for my '00 resulted in similar results. What did work was pushing both of the buttons (for clock set and odometer) at the same time.

Ken

Reply to
KWS

"JJ" wrote...

Reply to
Peter Smith

Sometimes happens. If you do end up going in to the shop, see if you can sit in the car while the indicator gets reset.

Peter Smith

Reply to
Peter Smith