resetting warning codes on a6

We just bought a 1999 A6 and there is a symbol on the dash that indicates the brake pads are worn. Upon inspection, the pads actually appear to be in
good shape. The fluid level is fine, also. Does anyone know how to reset this indicator? Will disconnecting the battery do it, or do I need to take it to a dealer? TIA

Did you check the inside of the pads? the outsides normally look ok, but the insides are worn.
Or you will need to visit rosstech.com and get a code reseter, or visit the Audi dealer
Ron
Thanks, Ron!

Hello all;
I have a similar problem so I went to www.rosstech.com and got what seems to be a search engine.
Ron, did I miss something??
Thanks
Paul

You missed a critical hyphen: http://www.ross-tech.com
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd, VAG-COM equipped
The yellow brake warning light indicates open loop in the brake pad sensors circuit. It is a wire, coming from the controller through the left wheel pad, through the right wheel pad and to chassis. The loop should be normally closed. When a pad is worn, it sensor opens the circuit. I can recoomend the following narrowing down procedure: 1. Turn the steering wheel left and inhook the harness connector from the wheel sensor. Check with Ohmmeter the pad. It should be short circuit. If found open, you can insert a jumper wire in the harness connector (to short it) and plug it back. 2. If the pad is OK, turn the steering to the right and repeat the process on the right wheel. 3. If both pads are OK, yet the light is still on - the problem is in the wires. 4. Go back to the left wheel, unplug the harness connector and jumper temprarily both its pins to chassis. If the light is still lit the wire from the controller to the left wheel is broken. 5. If the light is not lit - repeat the test on right wheel.
Bear in mind that the wires flex and get fatigued. It is common for them to fail at certain time. It is common for garages to bypass them too. I had to replace the wire on my previous 1987 5000S and 51986 000TQ Good luck Petkan, Toronto

Thanks, Petkan. I will try that.

Or a ground. Ie: the sensor hits the rotor.