Resistance in lower gears on manual transmission

2003 TT quattro here- 25k miles. Noticed not long after purchasing (used) that there is a slight resistance in the lower gears, mostly 1st. That is,
I push the clutch, move the stick to 1st and I kind of have to force it in slightly. If I keep the clutch depressed, throw it in neutral and back into 1st, the "resistance" is still present. Almost like I'm pushing something out of the way when I'm putting it into first.
Same issue is slightly present in 2nd gear- though it's hardly as noticable.
Had a local foreign tech place and a local Audi dealership give the car a once-over when i purchased it, asked both to look into this issue (among other things I wanted them to doublecheck) and they said they didn't notice any issues w/ the clutch/transmission.
Anyone have any ideas? It's not getting any better or any worse, and it's not like it's not staying in gear or grinding or anything so I doubt it's a real serious problem, but it's more of an annoyance. Thanks for your help.

News==----http://www.pronews.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

I have owned 2 VW's and 1 Audi - they have ALL been like this. It's a little worse when the car is still moving (i.e., if you're pulling up to stop sign). I think it's just a uniqueness of VW/Audi transmissions. As long as it doesn't get any worse, it's probably normal.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Thanks..
BTW.. I mispoke in the original post.. When I keep the clutch depressed, pull it out of first and into neutral, and back into 1st with the clutch still depressed, the resistance is gone.
But thanks again for the info.