roadworthiness

I live in Switzerland but use a UK registered 1990 A4 Audi. (It is oficially owned by my dad)
My UK tax disc runs out on 31 Oct 2007 and my insurance runs out in March
2008, however, my MOT certificate is 3 moths out of date. Is my insurance valid without a valid MOT certificate? And can I drive on foreign roads without a UK tax certificate?
talktoniko knastet inn: :

Easy!
Call and ask, your [fathers] insurance company, or drop a mail to them
--
Regarding - UK tax certificate. If you're not entitled to drive on
UK roads, why should you be allowed to drive abroad ?

There was no A4 made in 1990.
Pete
Pete wrote:

Ahh, a trick question.

No and no. And now that the police have Automatic Number Plate Recognition at all major ports, you'll have difficulty getting back in - the system queries the VOSA MoT database every time it sees a numberplate.. Probably the only way to do it would be to make an MoT appointment at a garage in th eport of entry.