Roof rack

Hi there,
Want to add a Roof rack, i looked around & they are quite a few which one should i choose? What is the Audi rack like?
Thank you, jhon.

for which Audi?
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thule are quality racks and a lot cheaper than audi, I have thuse roof bars which attach to my A4s roof rails, very quich and secure. I got mins from a UK motor accessory store via ebay, cheaper than other online stores and halfords
Mike
Hi Mike & Jon,
Thank you for your help.
I have an Audi A4.
I found this discussion about roof racks - http://www.fixya.com/support/t593213-roof_rack_systems
Never heard of this site & not sure about there credibility, seems alright though. Do you think i can trust it?
Thank you, jhon.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It seems to be discussions between owners which tends to be a good guide just bear in mind your needs might be different to others.
I have had two sets of Thule bars and found them to be excellent - they aren't the cheapest on the market but are worth the extra IMO. Going by the numbers I see on britain's roads many others agree.
Mike

A properly fitted Thule rack should have none of the problems described by the TT owner. Thule is extremely careful about their fit kits. Bear in mind that the TT has a very short roof line and it is highly curved. Neither characteristic is good for fitting a rack. Your A4 should have no problems at all. On my Jetta (06) there is no problem whatsoever with leakage around the feet clips. There is wind noise, I'm not sure if the Yakima is any better in that respect. Your A4 probably even has Thule specific marks inside the doors marking where the rack should be mounted, my Jetta has those and if I remember most of the cars from the VW/Audi family has them. The Thule "Fit Kit" is made specifically for your model car and comes with detailed mounting instructions.
When I was a retail sporting goods dealer I sold literally thousands of Thule racks. Customer satisfaction was 100%. (And no, I no longer sell them and I'm in no way connected with Thule.)
Alan
-
Hi,
Thank you for your inputs, they really helped me.
I think that i'll go for the Thule this group & the fixya site, helped me make up my mind.
I wondered around fixya, i really recommend it, there car section is quite new, but seems very helpful. What do you think of it?
Thanks again, Jhon.