Rover ZR cooling fluid loss

OK away from my Audi and onto my daughters car, a Rover ZR.
The problem is loss of cooling fluid.
I have carried out a 1.5 bar pressure test on the cooling system and there
are no signs of water egress. The hardware used could also show if the cylinder head gasket was leaking by a pulsing of the clock needle, again no pulsing was evident.
The only noticeable thing is that a few fins, maybe over a 20mm x 20mm area at the top, on the radiator tubes have disintegrated. There is no water leaking at this point.
All hoses look sound and there is no water on the ground at any time.
Yet, 2 pints a week are required.
thanks dj
Ten Pin Bowling wrote:

It's a Rover. Rover + Coolant Loss = very likely head gasket.
If there's no external leaks it has to be going somewhere.
Get one of those test kits and test the coolant for cobustion byproducts (or get a garage to sniff the coolant with the gas analyser)
What engine is in it?

1.4i......and yes head gasket was going to be my final assumption.