RS2 Headlights

Hi all.

I'm looking for a pair of RS2 headlights (UK Spec - RHD) for my 80 Q saloon.

Anyone know where to get hold of these, apart from the VAG stealership (£225 each)

TIA

DA

Reply to
Me

I would suggest you try contact HELLA in the UK. They are the makers of the RS2 DE lights. RHD and LHD cars share the same lights and spare part numbers.

Take care Pantelis

P.S. If you fail to find them in the UK please let me know and I will try and quote you a price from Greece

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

I didn't realise the LHD and RHD alighs were the same, how do they support dipping to the correct side ?

DA

Reply to
Me

There is a special lever inside each light cluster which can be adjusted for RH or LH side of road driving.

Take care Pantelis

P.S. I am based in Greece but when I travelled to the UK with my RS2 I simply used this lever to change the dipping so as not to bother oncoming traffic in your country.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Tried Hella - they say these are a 'tied part' i.e. due to the commercial agreement with VAG, they cannot sell them directly.

Re LHD / RHD - ETKA lists different part numbers for these. Surely they don't stock the same part under a different part number with the lever moved over ??!?!?!

Still looknig for a source of lamps though.

If, and it looks like it's the case, I can use LHD lamps with no problems, what sort of prices are these available in europe ?

Cheers

DA

Reply to
Me

OK, so I'd really be better with UK ones - depends on the price of LHD ones

still looking for reasonable proces though !!

Reply to
Me

You can have mine if you buy the rest of the car :-) I've just put my RS2 up for sale in the UK (on

Christopher Roberts