RS6 DRC

At 47k miles, the DRC on my RS6 is showing signs of wear. Audi wants ~$3500 to repair it with new coil overs. For that money, I could install some STaSiS coil overs.
However, there is a third alternative - Bilstein PSS9 coil overs. Neat thing about them is the adjustable dampening and ride hight. Has anyone any experience with the PSS9s? Good choice?
Dave (who has found out that he will be dead before an R8 comes in at a reasonable (sticker) price, and must hang on to the RS6 until the S5 gets paddles... next year?)
"Dave LaCourse" wrote

I probably missed your discussion on this subject. What happened? How much did the dealer want?
Pete

They're going for about $30K above sticker. Even *used* ones!
Dave

Or you could learn how to drive a manual . . .

I'm 70 years old, kid, been driving manuals all my life. Drove the RS4, S5, and R8 at Pocono in October. The problem is my feet, which I won't go into because I doubt very much you'd understand.
I used to teach this school until I had to retire six years ago because of health reasons. I've attended several Audi schools as well as Bob Bondurant's school in Phoenix, Ariz., driving sticks the entire time
HTH
d;o)

If you have a problem with your feet that prevents you from driving a manual, should be be driving at all? Do you have the strength in your feet to perform a full-on emergency stop?
I'm not having a go at you, just thinking of both yours and others safety.

Put it this way:
Two years ago at an Audi school at Road Atlanta, I had the fastest time on the Solo circuit among 30 or so students, using a TT with manual shift. Last October at Pocono Raceway, I had the second fastest time on the Solo circuit among 40 students, using a TT with an auto. I also did quite well at the Bondurant school driving Rousche prepared Ford Mustangs with manual xmsns.
I used to teach this school, http://skidschool.us /, but retired a few years abo because the 8 hours of fighting the Gs in a car with students was getting the best of me. I sponsor five kids a year at this school, and because I am an instructor emeritus, get lots of time in the cars with the kids I sponsor, both demonstrating the exercises, and sitting in the right-hand seat.
It is not that I *can not* drive a stick, but rather that I no longer enjoy it. Yes, me feet and legs hurt, a result of old age, but I am far from giving up the ghost! d;o) Paddles on the steering wheel or just plain auto are fine for me. And, yes, I can make an emergency stop, all 210 pounds of me on the brake pedal and I can Solo as well as most younger folks. d;op But, ya got me beat with reaction time, there, young fella. But, then again, I no longer drag race.
Thank you for your concern.
Now, back to the original question:
Do you or anyone else know anything about after market coil overs for an RS6 (ya know, if I can drive an RS6 ...... never mind...), specifically Bilstein PSS9s, or the STaSIS package.
Dave
Dave LaCourse wrote:

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t 394&highlight=coil

Thanks for that. Completely forgot about that forum. Great place with much good info.
Dave