S-8 v. A-6 ?

Opinions on one vs the other, if the A 6 has the 300 hp 4.2 vs. the S-8 360 hp 4.2. ? Assume 2001-2003 model years.
Thanks

Do you want a sports sedan or a luxury sedan? Both are excellent cars in their own regard. Personally, the S-8 is a little large for my tastes so I would opt for the A6. You'll also save a few bucks on the A6 as well, but it all comes down to what you want. I suspect once you drive both of the cars, you'll have a better idea which one is right for you.

Not to utterly drool on your monitor, but back when the s8 was just first allowed into the states I saw a couple black ones zigzagging their way through trafic at a blinding pace. One pulled in front of me, and then drop clutched it so that all four tires chirped, and then <smock> <smock>, both of my headlights were sucked out.
I uttered under my breath----"I don't care how big it is, I want it...."
But then I'm dreaming of a white H2 currently...
wrote in message

Well, there goes your credibility! ;)

At least he didn't buy a 96 Viper with plastic kit car windows, and a top you need to live at home like some people...... oh, wait, that was me. I still want an S-8 for my daily driver. All I have to do is double my income, and I can have both.

I own the A-6 4.2 and my former neighbor owned the S-8. We traded cars for a chase around the neighborhood - over much too quickly. My impressions of the S-8 vs the A-6 4.2 are: 1) I like the A-6 beefed up stying more 2) The S-8 is a larger car but it seemed quicker and stiffer, better handling to me, over the course of the short drive. 3) If you don't mind driving a larger car and have an affinity for the styling, the S-8 is a better car. - or maybe it's just familiarity breeding contempt, or the grass being greener on the other side.
Good Luck

Thanks. I decided to keep the S Class and use the upgrade check on a new toy.
Larry 96 Dodge Viper RT/10