S3 Xenon Yellow / Dull

Over time, the near side Xenon headlamp on my S3 has given a gradually more yellow beam, more akin to that of a 'normal' headlamp. My lights now give completely different colours when looking at the beam on
the car in front when queueing in traffic.
Has anybody else experienced this? I understand that the voltages in this area are especially high so I don't want to poke about without some clues!
TIA.... Andy.
Had the same problem on my 2000A6 Quattro.
Initially I thought it was a bad bulb, so I changed that myself (90 from Audi) Looked ok, but only lasted a WEEK!!!!!
Ended up putting it into Audi (60 to diagnose fault only) turned out to be a bad ballast (which on the A6 is actually attached underneath the headlight, so not really a diy job)
total cost was 180 - ouch!
if you think its just the bulb, have a look here>> www.xenonvalot.com I've since purchased the bulb for the otherside from these guys. Much cheaper!
BTW, its easy to change the Xenon bulb youself. Treat it like a normal bulb when handling (no fingers on glass etc) Its just a more complicated connector.
HTH
John.

Cheers John... looks like a trip to Audi is in order for a diagnosis but at least I can sound like I know what I'm talking about now !