S4

Page 2 of 2
<< Possibly. In terms of press coverage, the Ariel Atom >>
No, I could Identify an Atom with my eyes closed.
<< is more probably more
likely than the (much!) better-selling Westfield, Ronart, etc. >>
I was thinking of Westfield, thank you!
<< The former (slow?!?) demonstrator was measured at 0-175mph-0 in 14.5 seconds by Kit Car International magazine. >>
Again, I fail to remember which magazine published the test. But the 911 Turbo posted the best 0-100-0 time of any "production" car yet tested in a recent survey.
<< P.S. Steve, thank-you very much for taking my words as they were intended - as one car-nut to another! >>
No problem! Does that mean I get a free stay when I come to England? =)
Steve Grauman wrote:

That's not really like-with-like, either, considering the price of the S4? Maybe the VW R32 instead? Or an S3?
-- Mike Smith
<< That's not really like-with-like, either, considering the price of the S4? >>
Yea, I guess you're right. It's just that the S4 is the most similar car Audi makes to a WRX STi.
<< Maybe the VW R32 instead? >>
I saw a test between the Lancer EVO, WRX STi, and R32. While the R32 is slower in straight line 0-60 tests, it was only marginally slower around the track, and only because of it's less-than-fantastic tires. The test drivers all agreed that with a tire upgrade, the R32 would easily match or beat either or the Japanese cars around the track.
Kevin writes:

d;o) I've been driving an RS6 for two months and still haven't gotten over it. See pics at:
Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Nice car dave :) $86k for a car jeez I would have to rob alot of banks to be able to even sniff one of them.
Is that years of saving?????
I dont earn bad money thats about 2 years wages, perhaps when I win the lottery :P
Ronny

BTW, looking at your website <nice>, this guy looks a spitting image to our PM Tony blair, you sure your not royalty :)
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/images/frankpenns-may02lr.jpg
Ronny writes:

Hahahaha. No, that's a fishing buddy from Maryland. I'll tell him about Tony. LOL. Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
Ronny writes:

The sticker was $86K. I paid lots less, but still a whole lot of money. When you're old like me, Ronny, you should have saved enough to spend as you want.
Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

hehe I cant save money for shit lol, wish I could, remember we live in the uk where you need a mortgage to fill your car up, it costs me in my Audi the eqiv of 400$ just to drive to work in fuel per month.
Unless they start paying me 60k a year, I will be sticking to 2nd hand Audis :)
Ron

Indeed.. nice car!
But make that us$170k (131k Euro) in the Netherlands.. I can only dream about spending that kind of money on a car. We have this nice VAT-like construction called BPM which almost doubles the price of cars in this country.. :-(
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPirate (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

Very nice car Dave... I see you are in Mass... When can we meet up so you can give me a ride??
:-)
Adam
Adam writes:]

I'm in the book - Hudson, MA. Anytime, really. Wear your Depends. d;o) Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
BTW, I saw a tuned RS6 at the L.A. auto show yesterday with well over 500Hp and a 185+ MPH top speed. Pretty amazing.