S4 - What is slipping under hard acceleration

When I am accelerating very hard with my chipped '01 S4, right after a shift from 2-3, 3-4, the tach will rev higher with no acceleration from the car.
Sense is that something is 'slipping'. I don't 'smell' the clutch.
Is this the transfer case? Has anyone had a similar problem?
fly2husker
Thanks. Is this common? Shouldn't this be covered under Audi's warranty?

shift
car.

It's not uncommon with chipped S4s.
As for warranty coverage, the operative word is "chipped", and the answer is "not very likely"...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd, just out of warranty, and not chipped - yet ;-)

I'm not an authority, of course, but I would be surprised if any car manufacturer would roll over and replace a smoked clutch for free.
If they can find a mechanical defect as the root cause, that's another story, but if you show up with a blued clutch, you best have your credit card ready...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Re: Re: S4 - What is slipping under hard acceleration
2003 02:12 am
It's the clutch! And I wouldn't warranty it! It's chipped!
Have a Grateful Day(unless you've made other plans)!
Kcvwdoc
--- Synchronet 3.10L-Win32 NewsLink 1.43 * Friends of Bill W - Raytown,MO - telnet://friendsofbillw.dyndns.org