S6 Avant 4.2 Quattro - Headlight Alignment Question

The car was sold new by a German dealer in May 2000. It was imported into the UK in 2003 where, I was told, the headlights were realigned by an Audi
main dealer's computer to dip to the left. I now have the car in France so I need the headlights to dip to the right again, as in Germany.
Is it, in fact, possible for an Audi main dealer to do this change or, as I'm beginning to fear from discussions with "friends", will I have to buy replacement headlights?
Any thoughts, other than "buyer beware", will be most welcome. Thanks, Tom
"Tomba" <tomba at pobox dot com> wrote in message

your car, not for normal use as a foreigner. If you import it, new headlights are needed.
Ronald

Ouch! Since I'm a French resident I must import it. Any idea what cost I'm looking at? Thanks, Tom

Since replacing them is done from the front, you only have to worry about the headlights. Call a dealer for prices. Since you bought it in Germany, it is approved for use in France except for the headlights, I think. You can check that too.
Ronald