S6 Plus had V8?

Anyone around know anything about the Europe only S6 "Plus" that Audi built in

1995? The standard S6 was running a turb-5 but I heard that the Plus version had an early version of the 4.2 V8, I'm looking to confirm.
Reply to
Steve Grauman

Yes there was a V8. Look at the ETKA sheets at

Ronald

Reply to
reply

Actually, all models were available in Europe at the same time in 1996-97:

S6 2.2 T - 230 hp S6 4.2 - 290 hp S6 plus 4.2 - 326 hp

After the model change in -98 the 2.2T sadly died and the 4.2 V8 re-emerged as S6 4.2 - 300 hp and S6 plus 4.2 - 340 hp.

Reply to
Rune Skigelstrand

Interesting stuff. When the S6 emerged again in1998, I thought it was the first A6 range car with an 8, and I'd assumed that the A6 4.2 was the first non-S variant with an 8. Guess I was wrong! I wonder why they dumped the 2.2T, it had more power than the current 3.0 V6.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

... and it was available in Nogaro blue with Alcantara suede inserts... and a 6-speed.....man, they get all the good stuff in Europe... take a look:

Avantium

yes, but in the US you get your Audi's a lot cheaper than us Europeans ...

the grass is always greener on the other side I guess :)

-- Dave

Reply to
Dave

U can still pick up a nice one in Germany - this one for example (looong link):

EUR 12900 / 16% VAT (umsatzteuer ausweisbar - 'refundable') should give an export price of EUR 11120 = around USD 13300. But technical regulations may restrict private import to US from what I understand? Anyway I've heard that the 4.2 isn't exactly 'bulletproof'. I'd go with a 2.2T.

Rune S (missing my -93 S4 2.2T)

Reply to
Rune Skigelstrand

Cant get the link to work, even at 'tinyurl'. Sorry. The car can be found on

though.

Reply to
Rune Skigelstrand

God, at less than $14k I'd take it, and wouldn;t give a damn about reliability problems.

Reply to
Steve Grauman