Seeking dzus fasteners for under-engine tray 2002 Audi A6

Greetings;

I've got a 2002 Audi A6 front drive with the Tiptronic. Recently I had some exhaust work done at a local independent German car auto shop. The repair was successful but today I changed the engine oil. Of course to change the oil you have to remove the plastic under engine tray which is normally held by 3 Dzus (1/4 turn) fasteners at the back and 3 of those fasteners at the front, in addition to three bolts holding the tray to the front bumper cover.

For the entire time I've owned the car I've been able to hang on to all the original factory fasteners, but when I changed the oil I discovered that the three front Dzus fasterners were gone, presumed lost by the local exhaust mechanic. Also, only one bumber - to - tray bolt was in place instead of three.

So .... Where can I get those 1/4 -turn fasteners? Will the dealer have them. Any sources on-line. It will be easy to find the 6 mm bolts for the bumber clips but I need the Dzus fasteners. By the way, the clip end mate is still on the car.

Any suggestions.. Thanks in advance. Gary , Atlanta

Reply to
SID

Your dealer should still stock them.

I have just renewed all 10 on my 98 A4 because I found some were missing which must have been after a cam belt change a few years back.

They are not cheap, costing me about £25 for the 20 plastic items which included rubber/nylon lock washers.

Next time I have any engine or front end work done that requires the tray to be removed, I am going to remove it before it goes to a garage.

Reply to
Jef Roe

Sorry I forgot to add, she turned 100,000 miles on Thursday last week and is still a limousine compared to many newer cars.

2.4 V6 30 valve with a 5 speed Tiptronic auto box, parts history, 2 heated door mirrors, 50K, £60 cam belt, water pump, tensioners etc, 60K, £630 track rod end, 65k, £135 front break pads, 70K, £40 cooling expansion tank, 75K, £30 cv gaiters, 81K, £110 front wheel bearings at 85K, £280 track rod end, 92K, £135 the normal oil & filters every 10K, £300 4 x door cover, £60 3 sets of tyres, £700

dj

Reply to
Jef Roe