Self-levelling suspension A100/200QT Avant (A6?)

Is there anyone in the UK with a pair of self-levelling legs for an Audi 100 or 200 Quattro that they are willing to part with?
Just out of interest, does anyone know what the physical differences are
between the type 44 and later 4A rear suspension is? I only ask because my 1989 200QT Avant shares the same hub as the later A6-shape 100 and most of the suspension parts except for the self-levelling damper itself. The fittings at the bottom and top are the same so I wondered if a later leg would fit. It's proving impossible to find the right one in a scrappy but I might stand a better chance of finding a later one. So does anyone know?
Incidentally, Audi UK have just 2 self-levelling dampers in the UK warehouse and want UKP300 + VAT each!!
TIA Ian www.audi200.org.uk
--
heat up to reply by email

snipped-for-privacy@COLDmail.com writes:

Sorry I can't help much, but when I replaced mine a few years ago (1988 A100) and they were about UKP90 each then. There were some on ebay a few months back, so keep an eye on there. I also had to replace the self-levelling control valve (an awful job) and when looking for one, several people suggested switching to non-self levelling.
G.