service contract

My Audi Assured warranty is going to expire soon. I am thinking about buying a third party warranty. Has anybody here had experience with this, good or bad?

Reply to
Robb Gordon

My A6 is due to run out on 10 August and I too have been looking at extended warranty. I was hoping Audi UK may have done one but I can't find any info anywhere and I am reluctant to go with 3rd Party Warranties as the always seem to worm there way out of paying for repairs. I might just risk it and not bother with a warranty as I only just had a new Multitronic Gearbox fitted a month ago and the next major thing would be the engine. The money I would pay in warranty I will put in a slush fund account to pay for repairs.

Just my opinion

Reply to
liam

A good idea if your experience so far with the car has not revealed a lemon. This has been my approach, and it's been ok so far.

Reply to
xymergy

Funily enough I have just had a leaflet delivered regarding Audi Approved Guarantee (UK) which stated that cover starts from £472.00 per annum and seems to cover all except wear and tear items and also RAC Roadside assistance. I rang them to get more details and asked her for a quote on my 2001 A6 1.8T Saloon with 27,000 miles and the price was £743.00....

don't think I will be going down that route.

Reply to
liam