service contract

My Audi Assured warranty is going to expire soon. I am thinking about buying a third party warranty. Has anybody here had experience with this, good or
bad?
My A6 is due to run out on 10 August and I too have been looking at extended warranty. I was hoping Audi UK may have done one but I can't find any info anywhere and I am reluctant to go with 3rd Party Warranties as the always seem to worm there way out of paying for repairs. I might just risk it and not bother with a warranty as I only just had a new Multitronic Gearbox fitted a month ago and the next major thing would be the engine. The money I would pay in warranty I will put in a slush fund account to pay for repairs.
Just my opinion

A good idea if your experience so far with the car has not revealed a lemon. This has been my approach, and it's been ok so far.
Funily enough I have just had a leaflet delivered regarding Audi Approved Guarantee (UK) which stated that cover starts from 472.00 per annum and seems to cover all except wear and tear items and also RAC Roadside assistance. I rang them to get more details and asked her for a quote on my 2001 A6 1.8T Saloon with 27,000 miles and the price was 743.00....
don't think I will be going down that route.
Liam