Shopping for an A3 - Frustration

My local Audi dealer (there's only one within 50 miles) has been getting hardly any A3's in. He hasn't gotten a new A3 in in the past few weeks. So, I thought that I'd shop online by looking at other dealer's inventories (within 120 miles or so).

Of the 5 or 6 individual dealer's websites that I've checked, none list their current inventory of new cars. They only list their pre-owned vehicles. In fact, all of the dealer websites look exactly alike.

Four years ago, when I was shopping for my Subaru, I was able to view exactly what cars each individual dealer had on their lot, along with their exact optional features. That made shopping and negotiating long-distance a snap.

I would like to have that same experience in shopping for an A3. Is it possible to do so? Perhaps I'm missing something on these websites? Or perhaps Audi doesn't allow such a thing as a corporate policy?

I don't want to make multiple 200 mile roundtrips in hopes of finding a suitable car, if I don't have to.

BRH

Have you tried telephoning the other dealers and asking what they've got? Email? By their response you might even get a read on if they're worth dealing with or not.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Randol

Looks like the national site is not set up for this, but local web sites may be. I'm in the northeast, and my local dealer is in NH. Here's the link to their new A3 inventory:

Chris Miller

You don't say where you're located.

My local dealer, Princeton Audi, has their new inventory on their web site. It seems like the ones that only link from the national Audi website don't give you the option to look at new inventory. You would think in this day and age, everyone would have their inventory on-line.....

You could probably locate what you want at another dealership and then get your guys to get it for you.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58