signal cable of audio control

Hi all,
I found the Sony CD player in my 96/97 Audi A4 that cannot power off automatically even removing my car-key. It has to be powered off manually. I
checked that there is no signal cable that carries the signal "inserted key / removed key" in the connector. Do you know where can I find that?
thanks & regards, Ben

What has happened is....
The red and yellow wire on the loom need to be switched, the Sony looms somtimes have this, they are just reversed.
Take out the stereo, find the main loom not the car loom but the halfords/addon loom that allows you to connect an ISO stereo to your audi, then take the yellow wire out, and swap it with the red wire, they should pop out with slight effort with a sharp thin object, job done
Ronny
Hello Ron, can you explain more details? not really understand.... Thank a lot.
regards, Ray

Hi Ron, And I don't find any signaling cable which has +ve when inserted key and 0V when removed key. anything missing?
regards. Ben

the old wiring> the first loom is the Audi one that connects to your Gamma radio<the one installed at the factory> the 2nd loom is the aftermarket one that is fitted by you or a car stereo place that allows the Audi wiring to connect to a Sony Stereo<I have all sony as well>.
find the RED cable which thicker than most others on the 2nd loom and on the same connector there is a YELLOW cable. there are also numorous other cables but they are speaker etc cables.
At the moment the RED wire will be connected to the IGN live cable on the Audi wiring loom, this is becasue the SONY aftermarket cabling is wired wrongly, the RED wire should be connected to the PERM live connector, and the YELLOW wire to the IGN live.
The easiest way to change this is to remove the MOLEX style pins and swap them over i.e RED goes in YELLOW pin hole and vice vesa.
IF you have STANDARD Audi fit cableing and aftermarket stereo this is your problem, I have seen it loads of times before, you cant do any harm either as the red and yellow wire are both lives and the BLACK wire is your earth
HTH if you want to see pictures I could take some
Ronny
[Snip]

[Snip]

Errr, but Sony radios were standard Audi UK supply at that time. How they were connected up, I'm not sure. Audi UK bought the cars from the factory without radios and supplied the dealers with the Sony radios separately.
I opted to take delivery of my '96 A4 without a radio and installed an Alpine unit myself. I do remember having to be careful to ensure that the switched and permanent 12V connections were the correct way round. Using the wired ISO connector from Halfords, and blindly following the cable colours, would have resulted in the switched/permanent power connections being wrong.
Of course, it may be that all Audi UK supplied cars of the time had the radios incorrectly connected!
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk

and someone has added a after market stereo, If like Peter states you have a factory fit Sony, which I have not heard of, then the wiring will be different.
But if the +0v is not there then you have a problem, the only other way is too tap into another curcuit that cuts off when you switch off the ignition, I would suggest Sunroof, or some other wire that turn's off when ignition off
Ron