Simple question about A4 and Gasoline

Does Audi recommend premium fuel for the A4 (2003 and after) or can you use regular unleaded?
Thanks.

"Daniel Anderson" wrote

Audi recommends premium (in the US, that means 91 octane). That said, you could get by on lower grade, but the engine will retard timing, which will result in decreased performance and possibly slightly higher fuel consumption, so it's hardly worth it.
Pete
Daniel Anderson wrote:

In the US, yes. I've run mid-grade (89 octane) with no issues and my gas mileage seems to be the same as with 91. But I don't do any more than 1 tank of 89 to 2 tanks of 91.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA